S02 - Passer
S05 - 1-touch Play
S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills
S21 - Step On Skills
P01 - Classic NO.10
P03 - Trickster
P06 - Pinpoint Pass
P18 - Talisman

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - Playmaking - Passing - 1-touch Pass - Centre

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:

Carlos Alberto Valderrama Palacio (born September 2, 1961) is a Colombian football (soccer) player.

Nicknamed "El Pibe", Valderrama is recognizable for his enormous blond bush of hair and is known for his skillful passing and shielding. Valderrama was born in Santa Marta and captained his national team during the 1990, 1994, and 1998 World Cups, before announcing his international retirement after the 1998 competition having received 94 caps and scored seven times.

Carlos Valderama is known as being one of South Americans greatest Midfielders of all time, Valderama made his debut for Colombia in 1985 in a match against Paraguay, however he soon became recognised as a quality midfielder and became the Captain of the team few years later.

He played for a Colombian first division club named Union Magdalena. He became very well known in Europe once he signed for top French side Montpellier in 1988. Valderama was an excellent footballer with electrifying pace and provides the perfect pass. He was Colombia’s biggest threat in Italia 90, where he scored an excellent goal in their 2-0 victory over UAE, and he created the goal which fellow Colombian team mate Rincon scored against West Germany, which was the equalizer that ensured Colombia went passed the group phase in the tournament. Despite a good performance against Cameroon, Colombia lost that match 2-1 and they were out of the tournament. He became a worldwide footballing icon thanks to his brilliant performances in Italia 90.

After the 1990 World cup, he went on too captain Colombia in the world cup in USA in 1994 and in France in 1998, however Colombia were disappointing on both occasions, failing to get past the group phase. He moved to America in 1996, where he played for Tampa Bay Mutiny and became an instant success in the MLS.

He began his career at Union Magdalena of Colombia's First Division in 1981. He also played for Millionarios and Deportivo Cali before joining Montpellier of French First Division in 1988. He was transferred to Real Valladolid in 1990 before returning to Colombia in 1992 to play for Deportivo Independiete Medellin and Atletico Juniors from 1993-96 before going to the US in 1998 to play for Miami (1998-99), Tampa Bay (2000-01) and currently Colorado. In the American Major League Soccer (MLS), Valderrama scores relatively few goals (8) for a midfielder, but has many assists (62).

On February 30 2004, Valderrama ended his 22-year career in a homage match with some of the most important football players of south america, such as Diego Maradona (he couldn't play but stayed in the tribune), Enzo Francescoli and José Luis Chilavert.

Honours
----------

Montpellier HSC:

*French Cup: 1990

Atlético Junior:

*Colombian League: 1993, 1995
*Copa Libertadores Semi Finals: 1994

Tampa Bay Mutiny:

*MLS Supporters' Shield: 1996

International:
*Copa América 3th Place: 1987, 1993, 1995

Individuals:
*Diario El Pais Best South American Player: 1987, 1993
*Diario El Pais Best Eleven in South America: 1987, 1993, 1996
*10th place Rec.sport.soccer Player of the Year: 1993
*MLS All-Star of the Year: 1996
*Major League Soccer MVP: 1996
*MLS All-time leader in assists

MORE INFO:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/fea...5739&ver=global

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Valder...28footballer%29

www.planetworldcup.com/LEGENDS/valderrama.html

http://web.li.gatech.edu/~rdrury/special/c..._valderrama.htm

VIDEOS:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7A5smuVFs8&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwlwVEhS3DY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEKp0VYwfgM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=058hSU4ATDc

Edited by Charrúan - 27/12/2012, 22:58

Canta su canción de muerte y morir como un héroe que regresa a su casa.

Él era un tipo de hombre que lleva a todos nosotros a la batalla con su valentía y personalidad.. todos los que lo conocieron, dijo que él era un buen hombre.. y todos los que sobrevivieron están de acuerdo..

Me pregunto qué voy a decir, cuándo estamos vimos cara a cara, tú y yo...

Fuerza

psbvr

PM  Top
view post Posted on 22/5/2012, 17:34           Quote

El Negro Jefe

Group:
Administrator

General update.

Él era un tipo de hombre que lleva a todos nosotros a la batalla con su valentía y personalidad.. todos los que lo conocieron, dijo que él era un buen hombre.. y todos los que sobrevivieron están de acuerdo..

Fuerza

psbvr

PM  Top
view post Posted on 16/12/2012, 01:55           Quote

WILLIAM

Group:

He was fantastic. I have ever seen anyboby who has better SPA.
Such a great player is a shame he couldnt show his talent in europe at the same level as in america.

"Los goles sufridos acechan, siempre.
Uno no recuerda los que salvó,
sino los que le metieron.
El arquero que no tenga ese tormento interno,
no tiene futuro"

PM Email Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 27/12/2012, 22:12           Quote

El Negro Jefe

Group:
Administrator

Lowered DA 92 -->90

Fuerza

psbvr

PM  Top
view post Posted on 27/12/2012, 22:40           Quote

WILLIAM

Group:

I don t think his DS was so harsh, even for a green number, For other hand if he doesnt deserve 99 in SPA I dont know who else.

no tiene futuro"

PM Email Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 27/12/2012, 22:43           Quote

El Comandante

Group:
Administrator

Yes, DS should be in green. Also FK, why such a low value..I remember him taking some free kicks, he could claim 76 at least..

milan_gifHugo_Chavez

PM Web  Top
view post Posted on 27/12/2012, 22:54           Quote

WILLIAM

Group:

He was a good FK taker also, TS is too low at least 77.

no tiene futuro"

PM Email Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 27/12/2012, 23:01           Quote

El Negro Jefe

Group:
Administrator

Updated DS and FKA, speed stats are fine, he was slow player, but a bit faster with ball at feet..

Fuerza

psbvr

PM  Top
view post Posted on 18/2/2013, 15:18           Quote

Group:

quisiera la database para pes de Marcos Tulio Coll (Barranquilla, 23 de agosto de 1935), es un exfutbolista colombiano, anotador del único gol olímpico en la historia de los Mundiales (Chile 1962).y deDidí VALDERRAMA talento que fue declarado como el mejor jugador del suramericano de 1979, donde fue además el goleador del torneo.

PM Email  Top
Amateur2023
view post Posted on 9/6/2013, 21:22           Quote

I'm basing my Valderrama stats on a thorough and comprehensive YouTube video about Carlos Valderrama during the 1990/1991 season. I will leave the link of the mentioned video just below, if anybody wants to watch it and judge for themselves.

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9cmrkKMBrA0

Name: Carlos Alberto Valderrama Palacio
Number: 10

Position: CMF*, AMF
Nationality: Colombian
Era: season 1990-1991

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: Both

Height: 177 cm
Weight: 77 kg

Attack: 80
Defence: 60
Balance: 90
SPOILER (click to view)
Zinedine Zidane 1998-2002 era (?? ~ seems unfair to create stats based on four years), has a "Body Balance" stat of "87"; I have watched a lot of complete matches of Zidane during season 2001/2002 and season 2002/2003, and he fell down a lot more frequently and a lot more easily than Valderrama (he also received a lot more protection from the refs, than Valderrama did); thus I think Valderrama deserves, at the very least, a "90" in terms of "Body Balance", he could even go higher in this respect. If anyone disagrees, I suggest you actually watch Zidane as opposed to try to remember him, as I just watched a lot of complete matches just over a week ago.

Riquelme 2005/2006 who was stronger on the ball than Zidane 2001/2002, has 85 Body Balance (deserves better), and he too stumbled to the ground more frequently and more easily than Valderrama 1990/1991.

Top Speed: 68
Acceleration: 72
Response: 82
SPOILER (click to view)
Having been a player of the current generation, I have seen a lot of Ronaldinho, and I have seen more than enough of prime Ronaldinho, to know that prime Ronaldinho was an extremely lazy player in terms of movement without the ball.

Ronaldinho is rated with an "82" mark in terms of "Response", and I know that Valderrama was significantly more responsive than Ronaldinho when it came to off the ball mobility; therefore, Valderrama should have no less than an "82" mark in "Response".

Konami (if I'm not mistaken) rates Valderrama with a "78" mark in Response; but then again, Konami (if I'm not mistaken) rated prime Ronaldinho with an "82" mark in Response.... Thus why I do not respect Konami's stats, as they tend to be very inaccurate far too consistently. Ronaldinho was responsive with the ball, without the ball he tended to look very lazy; on the other hand, prime Valderrama wasn't nearly as "lazy" as people seem to remember.

Agility: 83
SPOILER (click to view)
It makes no sense to me that Valderrama is rated as having a "75" in terms of "Agility", whereas Andrea Pirlo is rated with an Agility value of "83". Having been a current era player, I have seen a lot of Pirlo, and I see no reason as to why Pirlo was in any way more "agile" than Valderrama (faster than Valderrama he was; more agile than Valderrama he was not), as far as I'm concerned Valderrama had faster and more nimble footwork than Pirlo ever had; hence, I have rated Valderrama with an Agility rating of at least 83, he could probably go even higher in this respect.

Dribble Accuracy: 93
SPOILER (click to view)
I'm basing myself here mostly on Michel Platini having a 93 Dribbling Accuracy; I've seen many videos of Platini, and although he obviously was superior to Valderrama in terms of "Dribbling Speed", "Top Speed", and "Acceleration", I've seen absolutely no reason that can explain why Platini should have 93 Dribbling Accuracy and why Valderrama should have 91 Dribbling Accuracy, Valderrama's Dribbling Accuracy should not be in any way lower/less than Platini or Andrea Pirlo or Roman Riquelme or Xavi Hernandez; there's absolutely no reason other than obvious bias, to explain why Platini should have a higher Dribbling Accuracy than Valderrama, in my opinion; if anyone disagrees, please I would appreciate video or something concrete that can serve as evidence; would be much appreciated.

Dribble Speed: 71
Short Pass Accuracy: 98
Short Pass Speed: 84
Long Pass Accuracy: 89
Long Pass Speed: 90
Shot Accuracy: 80
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 68
Free Kick Accuracy: 81
Curling: 83
Header: 70
Jump: 73
Technique: 95
Aggression: 73
Mentality/Tenacity: 86
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 96

Form/Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 7

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Passing
Playmaking
1-Touch Play
Centre
Post Player
SPOILER (click to view)
Although a midfield player, he was very much a post-up type dribbler, did it effectively and consistently enough for it to be a key feature of his game; could do it further up the pitch as well.

If anyone disagrees with any of the stats, I am very much open to sensible arguments or suggestions.

**As a (rather significant) side note.... I would like to mention something about a point/argument that I do not agree with.... I have hidden my argument with the "spoiler" thingy, so that the complete post takes up less space,

SPOILER (click to view)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I personally don't give too high values for such a things, I give high values in DA for tricksters capable of making slaloms and taking couple of defenders in a row like Mazzola, Best, Magico etc..

Those "ball retainer" things I see as TEC not DA, the best example is THIS (starting at 0:08). IMO this is great TEC, not DA., and from what I've read and seen of Konami experts it is correct..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That argument that I quoted (about Riquelme and posted on the Riquelme thread) makes absolutely no sense to me. How can anyone argue that "ball retainer" related skills are determined by TEC and not DA??

Can someone please explain to me, because such flawed logic, certainly escapes what I consider to be rational thinking, because, such an upside-down-logic argument most certainly escapes my understanding of the beautiful game.... Because as far as I'm concerned, TEC is more for "trapping" the ball and first-touch on the ball and the "sombrero" type skills and things like that, but "retaining the ball" -again, as far as I'm concerned- does require a great deal of "Dribbling Accuracy". To predict that you need to move the ball about two feet towards the outside of your right foot, to then move the ball about one feet towards the inside of your left foot, and to do that under the pressure of two or three on-rushing opponents, does require a great deal of "Dribbling Accuracy" as far as I'm concerned. A slow player with absolutely no speed to his game, cannot dribble past three opponents like Ronaldinho would, it doesn't matter how great he may be at dribbling.

The perfect argument to debate an argument that is completely devoid of logic, is Ronaldinho himself. After the 2005/2006 season, Ronaldinho suddenly (and perhaps unexpectedly) lost a great deal of his pace; by season 2008/2009 he could no longer dribble/run past two or three opponents with enough consistency to even make the team at AC Milan.... This does not mean that Ronaldinho lost his "Dribbling Accuracy", it simply means that Dinho no longer had that responsive sprint that used to make his dribbling as effective and as productive as it once was.

Of course, in the opinion of people who fail to understand simple and fundamental aspects of football.... Well they would argue that Ronaldinho simply lost his "Dribbling Accuracy" and that, at the same time, Ronaldinho increased his "Technique", which of course is a completely flawed argument that falls down on itself with the extreme ease it must take for someone to make up such a fantasy-based or in other words unfounded bullshit story (I do not like to use words such as "bullshit" but such a flawed argument certainly deserves to be described as "bullshit" as it is utterly degrading towards the art of "retaining" or "shielding" the ball). TEC does NOT equal "ball retaining" skills; it simply makes no sense in any way, shape, or form.

If TEC determines "ball retaining" skills; then exactly, which stat determines "first touch"?? I mean, quite a lot of big players have impeccable first touch, but they are not great at "shielding" or "retaining" the ball.... If TEC equals "ball retaining" skills, and DA equals Ronaldinho-type players, then how exactly do you create a player with impeccable first touch yet at the same time average in terms of ball retaining skills?? Surely something as important as "first touch" should not be left to something as VAGUE and as inconsistent as a "special ability"??

If Konami does in fact use the TEC stat in order to determine "ball retaining" skills, I see that as an incorrect use of such a stat, which I consider an extremely generic and vague stat that (in the future) needs to be divided into more specialized and specific stats: "stationary shielding" is one stat that needs to be introduced into the more than a decade old series.

If Konami disagrees with my point, then I cannot help but feel that Konami does not have a very good understanding of the game.... because as far as I'm concerned, "ball retainers" who can protect the ball even when they are surrounded by two and at times even three opponents = great Dribbling Accuracy, but perhaps average Dribbling Speed, and perhaps they are not the fastest players in terms of Top Speed and Acceleration.

Certainly, if Konami defines the TEC stat as the stat that determines "ball retaining" abilities, then most certainly, Valderrama's and Riquelme's "Dribbling Accuracy" needs to be lowered down. But in reality though, both Valderrama and Riquelme deserve something above the "93" mark in terms of "Dribbling Accuracy", in my opinion.

In any case, if someone disagrees with what I consider to be the correct and reasonable approach to such statistics, please do enlighten me.

Furthermore, I have noticed that Didier Drogba (Weight: 84 kg) and Ibrahimovic (Weight: 95 kg) both have a "95" mark in terms of balance; yet, I have not seen any player, below the 6'0 of height, who is rated with a "95" mark in terms of balance....

That to me is a clear bias.... I mean, if a player with 95 balance who weights 95 kg, wants to over-power a player with 95 balance who weights 77 kg, he should have the capacity to do it.... But according to the stats on this website, that would never happen, because a player below the "84 kg" weight mark apparently cannot have a balance of 95 ~ again, that seems like bias in my opinion, bias in favor of players who are above the 80 kg weight mark, there's no logical reason as to why a bigger and heavier player should have more balance than a lighter and smaller player.... balance and strength and weight are all different independent factors.

If anyone disagree with this second point, I'd very much appreciate if you could enlighten me on this one as well.

Edited by Amateur2023 - 10/6/2013, 00:29

9 replies since 12/12/2011, 15:46